Our unique Cajun paradise offers something different around every corner, and we invite media and travel writers to see it all for themselves. The Lake Charles/Southwest Louisiana Convention & Visitors Bureau can provide the following services to travel writers upon request:
GUIDELINES FOR MEDIA
- Itinerary Assistance
An itinerary can be developed to accommodate a writer's specific needs, and can include accommodations, meals, attractions and interviews.
- Ground Transportation
During the writer's stay in the Southwest Louisiana area, ground transportation can be provided by a bureau staff member. Should a rental car be necessary, every attempt will be made to keep the cost to the writer to a minimum.
- Guide Services
The bureau can provide a knowledgeable guide to assist a writer in maneuvering around the area.
- Digital Photography
The bureau maintains a lending library of digital photos should you need images to accompany your story.
- Hosting Policy
The bureau will make every effort to accommodate travel writers or media representatives' needs. The bureau will pay for meals or transportation, depending on the assignment and circumstances.
Criteria For Services
To qualify for these services, we ask that you abide by the following guidelines:
1. Before any assistance is given, a writer, whether freelance or assigned, must provide the bureau with tearsheets of previous work that is not more than two years old and proof of assignment.
2. Writers must give the bureau at least two weeks' notice before their arrival.
3. A request should include the nature of assignment, subject interest and length of stay. (Unless special circumstances arise that will be approved by the bureau.)
4. Upon availability the bureau will only provide complimentary rooms for commissioned work. If the writer does not have commissioned work, it is up to the individual property to decide if services will be complimentary or at a reduced price.
5. Cost incurred by family members/friends traveling with a travel writer will be paid by the writer.
6. Deviations or cancellations from planned itineraries must be made 24 hours in advance. This includes lodging and special interest appointments with local personalities. If hotels are not contacted concerning changes, the writer will be held responsible for payment.
7. The bureau will make every effort to provide a writer with the necessary information and material, within reason, to complete a story.
8. Tearsheets on any subsequent stories on Southwest Louisiana are to be provided to the Bureau within one month of its appearance in any printed form.