Shoebox Float Contest
Deadline to Register is January 21, 2013!
From the wonderful world of the carnival season, the Lake Charles / Southwest Louisiana Convention & Visitors Bureau will bring Mardi Gras to life with our Shoebox Float Contest.
Shoebox Floats represent a seasonal piece of Louisiana, and every family member can join in the creative fun.
|Pre-School||Child (0-11years) |
|Elementary (Grades K-5)||Teen (12-18 years) |
|Middle School (Grades 6-8)||Adult |
|High School (Grades 9-12)||Club/Organizations (adult/civic) |
|Club/Organizations (grades K-12)|
- Your float must be made from a traditional cardboard shoebox no larger than 9" x 13" and limited only by your imagination.
- Decorations on the box should not exceed 15" tall.
- Avoid wheels, placing float on truck body, motorized toys or a piece of cardboard larger than the shoebox.
- Only one float per amateur applicant
- A school group may enter no more than three floats per class.
- Name of individual or group should be placed on the bottom of the float only.
- Floats will be received on Friday, February 1, 2013 from 3:00 - 4:30 pm at the Bureau.
- Judging will be based on theme, originality and construction. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards will be presented Saturday, February 2, 2013 by Gumbeaux Gator at the Bureau.
- Shoebox floats will remain on display at the Bureau through Friday, February 22, 2013.
- The People's Choice Award will be announced Thursday, February 21, 2013.
- Once the display has concluded, the floats must be picked up by Friday, February 22, 2013.
For information, contact the Lake Charles/Southwest Louisiana Convention & Visitors Bureau
at (337) 436-9588
This form is currently unavailable