1. This Town Doesn't Stay Down
2. Who Needs Vegas When You Have Lake Charles?
3. Lake Charles Has ALL The Golf
|Gray Plantation on Louisiana's Audubon Golf Trail|
4. You Can Take A Deep Breath
5. The Best Snacks You've Never Had
|Jeff Benoit, B&O's Kitchen and Grocery|
This may sound a little off-putting at first, but hear me out: Boudin is made of pork meat, liver, rice, onions, parsley, and seasonings like salt, peppers and garlic powder. It's delicious, and a staple in Lake Charles along the Southwest Louisiana Boudin Trail. Soon to be one of your favorites.
6. Two Words: Mardi Gras
7. But Don't Worry, Lake Charles Still Has Class...
|Spring Art Walk|
8. Learn About History
|DeQuincy Railroad Museum|
Between the ever-popular local Children's Museum, the vibrant exhibits of the Mardi Gras Museum, the wonderfully nostalgic DeQuincy Railroad Museum or the area’s history at the Imperial Calcasieu Museum or Brimstone Museum, you've got your history lessons covered. But no lectures, notes, or finals required. Which is the best part, really.
9. A Pirate's Life For Lake Charles
During the first two weeks of May, 200,000 people attend Lake Charles' Contraband Days Louisiana Pirate Festival, clamoring for delicious food, fun music, and awesome live entertainment. In an ode to the piracy legend of the city, the festivities begin when the pirate crew of Jean Lafitte capture the city and force the mayor to walk the plank.
10. You Can Still See Men In Tights Here
11. You'll See A Larger-Than-Life Relic Of US History
12. This City Will Have You Dancing All Night
13. It's Even Produced A Few Famous Musicians
|Joshua Ledet at the Burton Complex|
14. The Grocery Stores Aren't Like Yours
15. Lake Charles Throws The Rule Book Out The Window