I don't know about y'all, but I could watch cooking shows all DAY long! I am always interested in new recipes, techniques, and quite honestly -- sometimes just watching a meal being prepared keeps me from ravaging my pantry at 1 p.m.
I want to get to the best part-THE FOOD! Over the next couple of weeks, we'll be sharing recipes from the show. We encourage you to try the recipes and let us know how they come together.
The first recipe: Biscuits with Créole Compound Butter. You had me at biscuit. And another plus, there are only 2 steps!
This was one of several dishes that appeared on the Big Easy Food episode that aired on October 23.
• 1 stick unsalted butter, soft
• 1 tablespoon roasted garlic, minced
• 1 nice pinch red pepper flakes
• 2 tablespoon creole seasonings
• 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
• 8 ready made biscuits
1. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients, whisk with a fork until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
2. Spread butter atop or inside of homemade, frozen or can biscuits.