Summer and shrimp just go together. One recipe that I feel head over heels in love with was Jack Daniel’s Bar & Grill’s Abita & Cane Syrup Glazed Shrimp. Don’t let the ingredients throw you off. I love cane syrup, and leave it to L’Auberge Casino Resort’s award-winning chef Lyle Brossard to pair it with a little beer and shrimp for the perfect marriage of flavor. There’s even a little kick with a sprinkle of cayenne. And if you have the right utensils, this recipe could easily be prepared outdoors on a hot grill with a skillet.
- 3 each, head on shrimp
- ½ bottle Abita Amber
- 1 sprig each, rosemary & thyme
- 4 oz. butter
- 1 tbsp. cane syrup
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. minced shallots
- ½ lemon
- ¼ cup Worcestershire
- ½ tsp. salt & pepper
- Peel middle of head on shrimp, leaving the heads and tails attached.
- In a medium skillet over a medium heat, add ½ of butter and sauté shrimp.
- Add the minced garlic and shallots and stir.
- Add the beer, syrup & Worcestershire sauce and turn fire on high.
- Cook until liquid is reduced by half. Season with salt and pepper, rosemary and thyme.
- Cut off the skillet and stir in the rest of the butter until the sauce smooths out.
For more recipes, visit www.visitlakecharles.org/recipes.