There is no shortage of festive events to experience this weekend in the Lake Area – Dec. 4-5. From dance performances to shopping events, local art, live music, parades, and more! Make your list & check it twice so that you can be part of the holiday cheer.
Live Art Demo ft. Julie Dallas, Julie Groth & Danny Allain
Ten Pin Alley (315 Kirby Street)
- Friday, December 4 @ 5 p.m. local artists Julie Dallas, Julie Groth and Danny Allain will conduct a live visual art demonstration featuring a combination of art mediums including paintings and pottery.
Lake Area Ballet presents "Bits and Pieces" (Art 6 Ft. Apart Series)
Historic City Hall's front plaza (1001 Ryan Street)
- Friday, December 4 @ 5 p.m. Lake Area Ballet dancers will feature a few bits and pieces from Nutcracker and other famous ballets.
Barbe High School's Drama Club (Art 6 Ft. Apart Series)
Transit Center Pavilion (1155 Ryan Street)
- Saturday, December 5 @ 5 p.m. Barbe drama club will conduct a theater performance including highlights from Hairspray and more!
2020 Holiday Market
Front plaza of Historic City Hall (1001 Ryan Street)
- Saturday, December 5 from 9 a.m. – 7 p.m., the Arts & Humanities Council of SWLA and the City of Lake Charles are proud to announce the 2020 Holiday Art Market – the perfect way to find unique gift ideas and support local artists. Masks and social distancing are required while attending the event. To find out more on vendors and entertainment, visit the Arts & Humanities Council of SWLA Facebook.
Crying Eagle Events!
1165 E. McNeese St.
- Friday, December 4 @ 6 – 9 p.m. Enjoy the JP Primeaux Trio
- Saturday, December 5 @ 6 – 9 p.m. Enjoy Music Box Live!
Blue Martini at Golden Nugget
Golden Nugget (2550 Golden Nugget Blvd.)
- Friday & Saturday – December 4 & 5 @ 7 – 11 p.m.
DeQuincy Christmas Activities & Parade
DeQuincy Railroad Museum Park (from Oak St. to McNeese St.)
- Saturday, December 5, the Christmas parade will kick off at 10 a.m. with floats, vehicles and bicycles followed by fireworks later that evening at 6 p.m. at the Union Pacific Sports Complex.
Starks Christmas Parade
- Saturday, December 5 @ 2 p.m. Enjoy the traditional Starks Christmas Parade. The parade rolls down Hwy. 12 in Starks and begins and ends at the VFW 4759. Red beans and rice will be served immediately after the parade.
For more holiday events, click here