Sunshine is finally in the daily forecasts, and everyone is just itching to begin their spring break now that the weather has finally caught up with the season. These are only a handful of all the fantastic events coming to Lake Charles in April 2018. To make sure you don’t miss out on any of it, be sure to check out our Calendar of Events and download our Free Events App.
1. Itinerant Theatre’s Production of For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf | April 5 - April 8 You don’t want to miss this empowering, groundbreaking play by Ntozake Shange in Ben Mount Theatre of Central School!
2. Food Trucks Invade-Lake Charles | Friday, April 6 Take your pick from a variety of amazing cuisine from 5 - 9 PM at the Crying Eagle Brewing Company!
3. Family Fishing Festival | Saturday, April 7 | FREE What’s better than going out on the water to fish with your loved ones on a gorgeous Spring morning? The obvious answer is the fish dinner afterward. Grab your rod-n-reel and fishing licenses and make way to the Family Fishing Festival at Cameron Prairie Refuge.
4. CyPhaCon | April 6 – April 8 For all you sci-fi and anime fans out there, start preparing your favorite cosplays! Some amazing television and voice actors, like Eddie McClintok, Ian Singlair, and several other big names will be in attendance this year.
5. Louisiana Railroad Days Festival | FREE April 12-14 All aboard to DeQuincy for the annual railroad festival! Don’t miss the parade, model train show, and the Railroad Idol Contest. Stick around on Saturday for live entertainment by Rusty Metoyer & the Zydeco Krush and country music artist, Collin Raye!
6. The Original Downtown Lake Charles Crawfish Festival | April 13 -15 Calling all foodies! The crawfish are popping out of the ground like clay daisies this season. Be sure to get your hands on a platter!
7. The Listening Room: Show Me Your Hits | April 13 The first show of 2018 will feature a powerhouse group of female singers and food provided by Garden Path Groceries. Learn more about The Listening Room, here.
8. Westlake Family & Fun Festival | FREE April 13-15 With activities for the young or just the young at heart, everyone will love the games, train rides, moonwalks and more. And no festival would be complete without great food!
9. Bottoms Up Yoga + Beer | Saturday, April 14 A stress relieving way to exercise, stay healthy, and BEER?! Count me in!
10. Lake Charles Little Theater’s Production of Godspell | April 13 - April 29 Be sure to come out to the LCLT stage to claim your seats for this fantastic musical!
11. Allstate Sugar Bowl/ LHSAA Softball Tournaments | April 26-28 Make your way over to Frasch Park in Sulphur to cheer on the top Louisiana high school softball players! Purchase your tickets in advance, here.
12. Disney on Ice Dare to Dream | April 26-29 Celebrate what’s possible as the adventures of five daring Disney heroines spark the courage inside us all at Disney On Ice presents Dare To Dream. Hosted by Mickey and Minnie, discover why no dream is too big when we find the strength to shape our own destiny at Disney On Ice presents Dare To Dream!
13. Spring Art Walk 2018 | Friday, April 27 | FREE Looking for a little more culture, but still don’t want to stay indoors during this beautiful weather? The Spring Art Walk is coming to downtown Lake Charles just for you! There will be music, the annual Art War, food trucks, art performances, and more at this innovative event!
14. St. Margaret Catholic Church Crawfish and Music Festival | Saturday, April 28th Enjoy good food, atmosphere, and live music at this family-friendly event!
15. Crawfish in the Beer Garden at Crying Eagle | Thursdays from 5:30-9 PM This is one mud-bug-crawling culinary event you DO NOT want to miss!
16. Live Music at the Gator Lounge- Delta Downs | FREE Fridays and Saturdays starting at 9 PM Head right down the road to Vinton for great music of all kinds at the Gator Lounge. April performances include The Primetime Band, Louisiana Express, Joe Harmon & the Harmonics, and Britt Goodwin & Company.
17. Patio Brunch Live Band Series at Jack Daniel’s Bar & Grill- L’Auberge | Sundays from 10:30 AM - 2 PM Come on out for a Bloody Mary and some awesome live entertainment provided by Michael Krajicek, Jones and Hollers, and Two for the Road.
19. Weekend Concerts at The Lone Wolf – Isle of Capri | FREE Friday and Saturdays starting at 8 PM Get ready to twist and howl at the hottest spot in town. This month’s featured artists include Paper Chase, Parish County Line, Brad Brinkley and The Kadillacs.