Visit Lake Charles Meeting Incentive Program
Book a meeting with Visit Lake Charles, and you will have the opportunity to receive up to $5,000.00 for your organization. For every room actualized, the organization will receive $3.00*. A chart has been provided below as a quick view of how much money you could receive for your organization by booking your next meeting in Lake Charles/Southwest Louisiana.
Contact our Sales Team today to discuss how you could qualify for this meeting incentive program, or fill out one of the forms below and one of our sales team members will contact you as soon as possible.
📝 Fill Out Online Meeting Incentive Program Form
💾 Download Meeting Incentive PDF
|Total Room Nights
(Base = $3.00/room)
(*Need Times = $5.00/room)
*$3.00/room is available until a maximum of $5,000.00 has been reached.
*Needs Times are January 1 through March 15 (Sunday to Thursday) and October 15 through December 31 (Sunday to Thursday). No room nights can be utilized on Friday or Saturday to receive the additional $2.00 per room.
Basic Incentive Program Guidelines
- Visit Lake Charles must be informed of the meeting and have received the incentive submission no less than 45 days before the meeting has occurred and before the contract is finalized with the hotel/meeting facility.
- Meeting incentives for an organization will be paid only after the event occurs and the actual rooms picked up are verified by the contracted and approved hotel property.
- Meeting Incentive will be paid directly to the association or organization hosting the event after room pick-up is recorded.
- Minimum of 15 rooms on peak.
- Must utilize a minimum of 30 total room nights.
- Meeting must be held prior to December 31, 2023.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
PROCEDURES FOR LC/SWLA MEETING PLANNER INCENTIVE:
- Visit Lake Charles accepts and verifies the qualifications of the meeting/event planner’s registration for each specific meeting no less than 45 days prior to the meeting taking place and before the contract is finalized with the hotel/meeting facility.
- A sales representative immediately contacts the meeting/event planner and begins the RFP/qualifying process.
- If requested by the meeting/event planner, Visit Lake Charles will send the RFP only to those properties specified.
- A sales representative at Visit Lake Charles processes and sends RFP/lead to appropriate meeting properties, facilities or venues in a timely manner, based on the needs expressed in the meeting planner’s RFP or specifics provided to the Visit Lake Charles sales representative for consideration and availability.
- When a booking is confirmed, and the contract is agreed to by the meeting property and the meeting/event planner, Visit Lake Charles must be notified, and the booking must be confirmed in writing by the property and the planner as definite and include a copy of the final contract.
- Upon verification of the total room pick-up at the conclusion of the specified meeting from the meeting properties, facilities or venues involved – and verification that the meetings were held in Calcasieu Parish – Visit Lake Charles authorizes payments per the incentive earned to the business, association, or organization. Upon final verification, payout will occur within 30 days.
PROCEDURES FOR VISIT LAKE CHARLES HOTEL OR MEETING FACILITY:
- If an industry partner receives an RFP directly from a meeting/event planner who is not registered with the Visit Lake Charles for this promotion, the industry partner may complete the partner application on behalf of his/her client for the rewards program prior to the contract being signed and no less than 45 days prior to the meeting taking place.
- The meeting property or properties then selected for the specific qualified meeting must notify Visit Lake Charles in writing when the contract is finalized to confirm dates, anticipated total room pick-up, and anticipated total attendees. A copy of the contract should accompany this notification.
- If attendees stay at more than one lodging property, the meeting/event planner or the participating properties must notify Visit Lake Charles in advance, and the property or properties must agree to report the room nights booked for the qualified meeting.
- Upon completion of the specified meeting, the meeting property, facility or venue must verify in writing to Visit Lake Charles the total room pick-up associated with the specified meeting and must also verify that the meetings were held in Calcasieu Parish.
- Upon final receipt of the room night validation, Visit Lake Charles will pay within 30 days to the company, association or organization that hosted the meeting the promotional rewards earned.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- The Visit Lake Charles Meeting Incentive Program can be discontinued at any time without prior notice.
- Meeting/event planner must register and qualify with Visit Lake Charles for each specific meeting no less than 45 days prior to the meeting taking place and before the contract is finalized with the hotel/meeting facility.
- An incentive package cannot exceed $5,000.00 no matter the total number of room nights actualized or the time of year the meeting is held. Once $5,000.00 is met, the additional percentage available for needs period meetings or events is not applicable.
- A maximum of three meetings per year per organization can qualify to receive the incentive package.
- Your company, association, or organization must not be receiving any other sponsorships or financial assistance of any kind from Visit Lake Charles.
- A Visit Lake Charles industry partner working with a client that has not registered for this incentive program may complete the partner registration form for the client for consideration and approval and must do so no less than 45 days prior to the meeting taking place and before the contract is signed in order for the client to be considered to receive the benefit earned for the meeting booked at the industry partner’s property.
- Visit Lake Charles will serve as a facilitator in providing this incentive and must be given the total room pick-up and total attendees from the meeting property and/or the meeting/event planner. Only rooms booked within a block will be accepted towards total pick-up numbers.
- The company, association, or organization must be a recognized organization with paperwork filed with the Secretary of State’s office in order to qualify for the incentive program.
- Upon room night pick-up verification from the meeting property and the meeting/event planner, Visit Lake Charles will confirm the incentive earned, and that amount will be payable by Visit Lake Charles to the business, association, or organization that hosted the meeting.
- The Visit Lake Charles Sales Director will have final determination and approval as to any questions regarding qualifications, the meeting of qualifications and the reward amount to be given.
- Employees of Visit Lake Charles or marketing or advertising agencies or organizations associated directly with either entity are not eligible for the promotional incentive.
- Liability: Visit Lake Charles and its employees will not be held liable for any action of the meeting facilities or venues or the meeting/event planner. Further, Visit Lake Charles and its employees will not be liable for any injury suffered by participation in the Lake Charles/Southwest Louisiana Meeting and Event Incentive Program.
- The rules and regulations, terms and conditions, and rewards payout breakdowns for this incentive program have been modified as of December 2021.
Meeting Incentive Program Submission Form