Sponsorship Opportunities are now open for CHRISTUS St. Patrick’s fifth annual Dragon Boat Race, scheduled for Saturday, April 22, 2017.
Your Participating Makes a Difference for Our Kids!
With our 2016 event, we raised almost $140,000 for Children’s Miracle Network (CMN) at CHRISTUS St. Patrick Hospital! That money is now going towards funding:
- State-of-the-art technology in our Ear-Nose-Throat area (kids are in our Hospital for these procedures ALL the time)
- Expanding our AED donations to include Jeff Davis Parish for the first time ever and
- Helping to fund GoNoodle (an on-line, in-classroom tool that has students moving and grooving and getting better grades) in Jeff Davis Parish as well.
Your participation in the event has always made a HUGE difference for the health of our kids in Southwest Louisiana. It is a gift that continues to impact kid’s lives long beyond race day.
A Few Sponsorship & Registration Details:
- Sponsorship Levels & Benefits are listed below.
- A Team Note: Each team will supply 20 paddlers (a minimum of 8 must be female) and one drummer. Each team will have a one-hour practice session with a professional coach from 22dragons. The coach will also act as a helmsman to steer the boat during practices and Event Day races.
- If you are paying for your Registration Fee by Credit Card, you can do that here.
- If you are paying for your Registration Fee by Check, select “I’ll send a Check…” on the payment options (please make check payable to CHRISTUS St. Patrick Foundation and mail to “CHRISTUS St. Patrick Foundation, 524 Dr. Michael DeBakey Drive, Lake Charles, LA 70601”.)
- Space and Number of Boats is Limited! Registrations will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis. So be sure to sign up now to reserve your place!
A Special Challenge for All!
Because of the Great Reception we received for this idea in our 2016 event, we are once again laying down the gauntlet with our Children’s Miracle Network Challenge!
We are challenging each team that registers for the 2017 Dragon Boat Race to raise an additional $1,000 for Children’s Miracle Network! You can host bake sales, jean days, BBQ dinners – whatever gets your team excited. And we can help! We have Children’s Miracle Network table-banners, talking points, bracelets and stickers – all kinds of things to add a little spice to your efforts. This really is all about getting your team connected to Children’s Miracle Network in a more tangible way. It’s a challenge, not a requirement – so let’s have some fun with it and see how big a difference we can make for the kids!
Special comments on Weather & Safety
- In the event of cancellation due to weather, CHRISTUS St. Patrick Foundation appreciates your consideration of allowing your Sponsorship funds to remain as a donation to Children’s Miracle Network.
- Weather conditions have a direct impact on the safety of the participants. 22Dragons, the racing management company, has discretion to delay or cancel the event due to lightning, heavy rain, hail, or high winds. No participants will be allowed on the water in lightning conditions. There is no specific wind speed at which the event is delayed or cancelled. The direction of the wind and type of waves it creates will dictate if it is safe or not to dragon boat. Delays and cancellations due to weather conditions are determined by the 22Dragons event manager using his/her best professional judgment. 22Dragons has been managing dragon boat events since 2003 and has a flawless safety record. 22Dragons has a zero tolerance policy when it comes to safety; its decision is final in the event of a safety or weather-related delay or cancellation.
We are really looking forward to this event – and to working with you all between now and April 22, 2017 to have some fun raising money for Children’s Miracle Network and the kids. Please let me know if you have any questions about the Sponsorship Opportunities, the CMN Sponsor Challenge, or the Dragon Boat Race itself. And thanks so much for your partnership in this adventure. It means a lot.