Sulphur's annual Cal-Cam Fair is a fall tradition for many Southwest Louisiana residents -- and for good reason. The 93-year-old event brings in an average of 30,000 visitors each year, and it features everything from carnival rides to a livestock show. Judges also award top prizes in several food, baked goods and arts and crafts contests. The fair offers good food and plenty of fun carnival rides, games and attractions for both children and adults. There will also be a full roster of bands and other entertainment, as well as beauty pageants and wildlife exhibits. No alcoholic beverages are allowed.
- Oct. 9 - parade 3 p.m. down Cypress St. in Sulphur
- Oct. 10 -11 Exhibits Open
- Oct. 12 - Gates open at 3 p.m., rides start at 5 p.m.; Pageants start at 4 p.m.
- Oct. 14 - (special citizens event at 10 a.m.) Gates open at 4 p.m., rides start at 5 p.m. Livestock (pigs) show starts at 6 p.m. Live entertainment at 7 p.m.
- Oct. 15 - Gates open at 10 a.m., rides start at noon; Livestock (beef) show starts 9 a.m., Live entertainment at 7 p.m.
- Oct. 16 - FREE gate admission, gates open at 12, rides at 1 p.m.