You don't want to miss the heart-pounding thrills and chills at the Chennault International Airshow, which is set to take place April 28-30, 2017, at Chennault International Airport.
Headlining the 2017 lineup will be the thrilling aerobatics of the Thunderbirds—the U.S. Air Force’s premier jet demonstration team. The Thunderbirds squadron is internationally known for their hard-charging demonstrations of precision formation flying that push their signature red, white and blue F-16 Fighting Falcons to the limit.
In addition to the Thunderbirds, the Airshow will present stomach-dropping air stunts, gravity-defying routines, aircraft exhibits, and family-friendly activities in the Kid Zone. Other attractions will include:
* U.S. Army Golden Knights: The Army's only official demonstration team, the Golden Knights Parachute Team competes worldwide in skydiving competitions and is known for their stomach-dropping jumps and stunts.
* AeroShell Aerobatic Team: The team is made up of four experienced pilots flying World War II North American Advanced Trainer aircraft.
* Shockwave Jet Truck: This pyrotechnic routine features the world's fastest semi-truck with three jet engines and 36,000 horsepower.
* Matt Younkin: While the Beech 18 airplane is typically slow and cumbersome, Matt's daytime and nighttime routines have been described as graceful and awe-inspiring.
* Kevin Coleman: A Louisiana native and one of the youngest pilots around, Kevin has wowed the airshow circuit with his unique Extra 300SHP-one of the best high-performance planes in the world.
* Gene Soucy: A former member of the record-setting Eagles Aerobatic Flight Team, Gene has been a member of two World Champion U.S. Aerobatic Teams, and he has won more awards than any other active airshow pilot.
* Julie Clark: With her sparkling personality and the graceful aerobatics that have endeared her to her legions of faithful fans, Julie Clark's air show routine takes her beautifully restored T-34, "Free Spirit," to the limits of its operating capability.
The Airshow will also offer roaring aircraft, thrilling air stunts and a nostalgic array of aircraft of all vintages.
There also will be flights and ground displays of aircraft and exhibits that salute Southwest Louisiana’s military heritage and Chennault’s own rich history. Food and beverages will be sold, and numerous family-friendly activities in the Kid Zone will be available.
To learn more about the Thunderbirds, visit www.afthunderbirds.com.
On Facebook/Instagram/Twitter/YouTube: afthunderbirds