Gallery Promenade 2016
Gallery Promenade, the Arts Council of SWLA’s annual gallery and museum showcase, returns this Friday, September 30, from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., and this year, galleries and art spaces from across Lake Charles and Sulphur will open their doors for an extensive and cooperative art tour that features the area’s current exhibits and regional artists.
Participating venues and artists include, but are not limited to:
- The Frame House Gallery (1640 Ryan St) – “Expressionistic Splash of Color”, featuring Ted Bertrand, Mickey Asche, and Pat Gallaugher
- 121 Artisan Bistro (121 Dr. Michael DeBakey Dr) – Julie Dallas, Dwayne Derouen, Andrea Marcantel
- The Common House (1021 Common St) – Ogden Myers
- 1911 Historic City Hall (1001 Ryan St) – “Modern Twist: Japanese Bamboo Art” / “Small Worlds” by Lacey Stinson / Artisan’s Gallery exhibit
- Pujo St. Café (901 Ryan St) – Julie Groth, Steve Wheatley, Jonathaon Nott, Katherine Petty, Jody Brierty, Kevin Leveque, Greta Painter, Jamar Simien, Lydia Farquar
- Stellar Beans (319 Broad St) – Tademy Photography
- Luna Live (710 Ryan St) – Daneisha Davis, Christopher Huff, Jason Machulski
- Blue Dog Café (609 Ryan St) – Lydia Walls, Debbie Wilfer
- Haute Couture Salon (601 Ryan St) – O.M. Photography, Angela Hoff and Haute Couture staff live body painting, John Whaley Jr, Heather Arsement
- Gallery by the Lake (106 W. Pryce St) – “Above and Beyond”, with featured photographer Tim Fontenot, plus the students of Sue Zimmermann’s advanced watercolor class
- Art Associates Gallery, Central School (809 Kirby St) – “Louisiana…Coming Home” by Gail Shelton
- Black Heritage Gallery, Central School (809 Kirby St) – Kevin Lemelle
- The Sloppy Taco (2500 Kirkman St) – Danny & Morgan Allain
- The Art Factory (1753 Common St) – TBA
- Abercrombie Gallery, McNeese (4205 Ryan St) – “Art Est Bon”, featuring the works of MSU Visual Arts Students
- Grand Gallery, McNeese (4205 Ryan St) – Annual Faculty Exhibition, featuring Cynthia Baskin,Kenneth Baskin, Martin Bee, Meghan Fleming, Heather Ryan Kelley, Casey Read, Lisa Reinauer, Lynn Reynolds, Larry Schuh, Lewis Temple, Samantha VanDeman, and Gerry Wubben
- Harrington Gallery (210 Tamarack St, Sulphur) – Portraiture by Jill Whatley
- Flock of Five Gift & Art Emporium (217 E. Thomas St, Sulphur) – 53 local artisans & vendors, including photography, paintings, candles, soaps, jewelry, woodworking, and Louisiana art
Gallery Promenade draws residents and visitors into galleries and museums to help boost the public’s awareness of the businesses that work daily to promote the local art scene. This celebratory event encourages the public to travel from gallery to gallery for a comprehensive and interactive experience of the diversity of Southwest Louisiana’s art and the many artists and spaces that are further developing the region’s cultural economy.
Gallery Promenade is presented annually by the Arts Council of SWLA and is sponsored by the City of Lake Charles, Union Pacific Foundation, and ASI Office Systems.
For information on food/drink specials and live entertainment, visit www.artscouncilswla.org or call the Arts Council at 337-439-2787. Additional information can also be found on the event Facebook Page.