Lakes, Bayous, Streams, Marshland & Even the Gulf!
Glistening waters are in abundance in Lake Charles/Southwest Louisiana, perfect for catching that peaceful sunrise or warm sunset. There are miles of beaches, rivers and swamps. In the northern parts of the parish, you'll find piney woods, a two-tier prison and rural towns and farms. Haunted cemeteries and homes can be found in the Lake Charles area. Southwest Louisiana is a growing area with unique cities, towns and rural areas all in its midst.
- Barns and Farm Scenes
- Rice fields
- Quaint, rural downtown squares
- Unspoiled beaches along the Gulf of Mexico
- Exotic Fishing & Oil Villages
- Alligator Marshes
Historic Mansions and Scenery
- National Register Historic District
- 40 blocks of turn-of-the-century buildings
- Mix of grand mansions and working class homes
- Massive oak trees throughout
Southwest Louisiana has a variety of different looks. If you don't find what you are looking for here, please contact the Lake Charles/Southwest Louisiana Film Commission at 800-456-7952 or contact Cindy Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 800-456-7952 for customized file pulls.