Search
Go
>
>
>
>
>
>
Back

Epps Memorial Library

Lake Charles

Back
Originally named the Carver Branch Library (named for scientist George Washington Carver) was opened in May, 1945 in the Powell Building at 301 Franklin Street in Lake Charles. It was the seventeenth library to be opened in the parish system and the first specifically for the black community. Over 100 people registered for library cards that first evening of operation. Hours were Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, 3:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m.
  • Map