For additional information, contact:
Shelley Johnson, executive director
Kaylen Fletcher, public relations manager
Southwest Louisiana Convention & Visitors Bureau
(337) 436-9588 or (800) 456-7952
Louisiana Rural Water Association's 28th Annual Training and Technical Conference
LAKE CHARLES, La. (June 10, 2013)-The Louisiana Rural Water Association (LRWA) will hold its annual convention July 8-12 at the Lake Charles Civic Center. LRWA has taken a huge step by moving the conference to Lake Charles after 16 consecutive years of it being held in Alexandria.
The LRWA conference is geared to all personnel involved in the water and wastewater industry for the state of Louisiana. Approximately 134 exhibit booths and more than 1,000 people are expected to attend.
LRWA Executive Director, Patrick Credeur stated, "The LRWA is looking forward to a new venture with the city of Lake Charles. The city has many things to offer our attendees."
LRWA has been the driving force, for providing the highest quality water and wastewater training and technical assistance to small towns and rural areas in all 64 Louisiana parishes. LRWA's main objective is to ensure all water systems in Louisiana provide safe drinking water for all their customers and promote public health and environmental protection.
Below is a schedule of events:
Monday-Thursday, July 8-11
• 32 Hour Certification Review classes for water and wastewater
Tuesday-Thursday, July 9-11
• 24 Hour Technical classes for all employees involved in the water and wastewater industry
The Welcoming Ceremony - Tuesday, July 9, 8 a.m.-9 a.m.
• National Rural Water Association Vice-President Mel Aust
• La Department of Health & Hospital Assistant Secretary, J.T. Lane
Lunch - Tuesday, July 9, Noon-1 p.m.
• City of Lake Charles Mayor Randy Roach.
Merit of Excellence Awards Ceremony and Luncheon - Wednesday, July 10, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
• Louisiana Lieutenant Governor Jay Dardenne
• Louisiana Commissioner of Agriculture & Forestry Mike Strain
Lunch - Thursday, July 11, 11:45 a.m.-1:15 p.m.
• Louisiana Senator Gerald Long
For more information, contact Patrick Credeur, executive director; Rusty Reeves, deputy director or Angela Hargrave, assistant office manager at (337) 738-2896.