Conventions / Meetings
In the spirit of being unconventional, there are several new venues in downtown Lake Charles for small meetings and events that are unique and appealing. Interesting options include the Historic Calcasieu Marine Bank Building, the Brickhouse, the Governor’s Mansion, and the Charleston Ballroom, located in the historic Charleston Hotel which has been converted into quaint shops with event space throughout.
The Lake Charles Civic Center, with a sweeping view of the lake, has also undergone major renovations with more upscale décor and plush seating along with high tech friendly equipment and versatile lighting options. Let’s not forget the options of L’Auberge Lake Charles, Golden Nugget, Isle of Capri Lake Charles, and Delta Downs. If your meeting or organization wishes to make an impact by volunteering in the local community, check out our Voluntourism Opportunities. Whether it’s a full-scale convention/conference, a business meeting/retreat, or a wedding/reunion, let the Lake Charles/Southwest Louisiana Convention & Visitors Bureau assist you!
Submit an RFP.
For more information on all local venues and accommodations, contact our Sales Department at 800-456-7952 or view the sales team contacts here.
- Accommodations Assistance
- Appearances by the Southwest Louisiana Goodwill Ambassador "Gumbeaux Gator"
- Official Invitations
- Attendance Pre-convention/Meeting Promotion
- Registration Assistance and Name Tags
- Opening Ceremony Assistance
- Welcome by Local Celebrities and Dignitaries
- Brochures/Area Information
- Event and Tour Coordination
- Recreational Facilities
- Publicity/Media Releases
- Entertainment Assistance
- Ditty Bags and Favors List Suggestions
- Spouse Programs
- Voluntourism Opportunities
Fill out the Group Services & Activities Checklist