The SWLA Economic Development Alliance’s role in rebuilding Southwest Louisiana is working with our business communities in Allen, Beauregard, Calcasieu, Cameron & Jeff Davis to address their needs on a federal and state level. We are here to celebrate each and every reopening and help the next wave of entrepreneurs find their footing in our region.
The Alliance wants to help in any way that it can to help businesses safely and quickly reopen their doors. Here are a few steps you can take:
- We are in a Covid-19 pandemic, so wear a mask and social distance. Health care facilities are limited.
- Apply to FEMA and SBA for business recovery loans.
- Let Us know if your business is open so we can post it on Facebook at SWLA: Open for Business
- The Chamber SWLA is offering free ribbon cuttings / exposure to any member who is reopening after Hurricanes Laura & Delta (A $450 value)
- If you need us, call (337) 433-3632.
The SBA (Small Business Administration) offers loans to suit many types of companies and organizations. Some loans can be for up to $2 Million, and some like the EIDL (Economic Injury Disaster Loan) are best for smaller businesses and non-profits.
Or, you can call (800) 659-1955, or email email@example.com.
- The Louisiana SBDC (Small Business Development Center) is also offering guidance to businesses.
Click here for their Hurricane Laura Resource page.
- Click here for FEMA Info
- State of Louisiana Hurricane Laura Updates