Ten Pin Alley separates the current church and rectory from the site of the original church. The story goes that when the 1881 church was constructed, the land had to be mortgaged to pay for its construction. When the Dutch bankers asked whether the land was "good land or hilly land" the response was that it was level enough for to play ten pins" hence the name. Ten Pin Alley provided service access to the center of the block both before and after the great fire.
Today, Ten Pin Alley is located just behind 1910 restaurant and runs parallel to Ryan Street. It’s shaded by a dense row of Cypress trees, lined with brick pavers, and has seating and ambient lighting at night. It’s one of the best kept secrets in Lake Charles.