Are you planning a party this holiday season? Impress your guests with Christmas cocktails that add sizzle and sparkle to your spirits. Enjoy these recipes made with Southwest Louisiana’s own Bayou Rum.
1. YULETIDE COCKTAIL
- 1.5 oz Bayou Spiced Rum
- .5 oz vanilla vodka
- 2 oz cranberry juice
- 2 oz ginger infused apple cider (non-alcoholic)*
- Squeeze of 1 lemon wedge
- Garnish: Rosemary Sprig
*Combine all ingredients over ice and stir well.
2. CAJUN KRINGLE
- 1.5 oz Silver Bayou Rum
- .5 creme de cacao
- .5 creme de menthe
- (Optional): Top with whipped cream
*Stir first three ingredients together, top with coffee and garnish with a cinnamon stick.
3. HOLIDAY BAYOU TODDY
- 1.5 oz Spiced Bayou Rum
- .5 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 T honey
- 1 oz pomegranate juice
- 6 oz hot tea (recommended: oolong or rooibos)
- Garnish: Cinnamon stick
*Combine all ingredients in mug and stir
4. HOT BUTTERED RUM
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 bottle 750ml Spiced Bayou® Rum
- water, to taste
* Melt butter in a pot over medium heat. Add remaining ingredients. Stir frequently and add water to taste. Serve warm in a mug. Enjoy. (makes approximately 16 servings)
5. BAYOU EGGNOG
- 1.5 oz Bayou Spiced
- Top with Eggnog
Maybe you prefer to go out on the town with friends. You’ll easily find cheery cocktails with Bayou Rum there, too. Try Blue Martini at Golden Nugget Hotel and Casino for specialty hand-crafted cocktails or get your winter on at the ultra-chic Ice Bar in Golden Nugget’s lobby. Looking for entertainment to accompany your libations? Visit the Nugget’s Rush Lounge for gaming and live music. Any of these exciting establishments will certainly up your holiday merriment factor!